As much as Fiverr is a great site to make some extra cash, there are certain types of gigs that are there to waste your time. So listen up while I break down gigs on Fiverr… (and really) they don’t waste your time, but some of the following gigs will never help you get to the level you would aspire to reach as a freelancer online. On the other hand, there are these gigs, which work well for many people and you can use them to build your ratings and make more money from this site.
- Basic design – Gigs like making simple logos, designing business cards, wedding cards, or optimizing images for websites and blog sites. Most of these gigs only pay the usual paying level of Fiverr, but at least you can never get into troubles with potential buyers in any way. Once you read and understand what the clients want, simply design for them the gig and you get your cash.
- Data entry tasks – If you ever find data entry gigs like media scheduling, excel tasks or any type of virtual assistant gigs; bid on them especially if you are good at work. In fact, there is potential for earning more from data entry related jobs.
- Photoshop related tasks – Some gigs like dropping out backgrounds, adding touch-ups to images or cropping and merging pictures for clients are gigs that you can always do in a matter of minutes and do them perfectly well.
- Video editing and web development related tasks – Many people who started out selling basic web development tasks at Fiverr have always succeeded, and this is because the gigs they handle can only be accepted if they are good. For instance, either you know how to troubleshoot something on Google or you don’t.
Gigs to be Careful with
- Gigs that obviously can’t be done for $5 – Don’t try too hard to make money on twitter that you want to sacrifice all day working something that costs so much more than you will sell. Jobs like looking for real social media followers can’t be achieved in a day, and they surely can’t be done for $5.
- Working backlinks and gigs asking for huge social media shares – Most SEO related gigs deserve more than the $4 you get at Fiverr, so don’t waste all your energy working on something you will be underpaid for.